Description: Ust-Kut jail was founded in 1631 at a place of merge of the rivers Lenas and Kuta ataman Ivan Galkin who has begun of colonisation the grounds of Eastern Siberia. In 1639 yera by the industrialist and trailblazer Erofeem Habarovym near Ust-Kut a jail it is open hydrochloric fabric.
The status of city is appropriated on July, 29 1954ú. The decree of Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of RSFSR " About association of working settlements Ust-Kuts and Osetrovo area Ust-Kutskogo of Irkutsk area with his transformation to city ".
Now it is large industrial city (a shipyard, the wood industry) and transport unit (river port, a railway junction, the airport) Eastern Siberia where it is carried out перевалка cargoes from the railway (an item. Lena) on р. Lena (port Osetrovo), also " northern deliveries " on р are made. To Lena. From Ust-Kut modern BAM begins.
In figure of an envelope the geographical card in area of of Ust Kut - transport unit (river, railway and an air transportation) and a building of river station, and also elements of the Siberian decor of XVII century is submitted.
The stamp is submitted as - a river steering wheel - as symbol, that the city is basic the port center on the river Lena