Description: In the lake 52 forms of fishes are counted, 27 are endemic of them.
* Siberian sturgeon (Acipenser of baeri of baicalensis A. Nikolski, 1896) - very rarely is encountered;
* huchen (Hucho of taimen (Pallas, 1773) ) - to 10 years it reaches the mass of 10 kgf;
* Lenok (Tinea of tinea (Linne, 1758)) - as huchen is excellent object for the sport fishing);
* Davatchan (Cartilaginous fish) - lives in the mountain lakes of North Baykal, it is carried into " The Red Book Of" ;
* whitefish (Coregonus of lavaretus) - is extended over everything to Baykal, grows more rapid than the whitefish;
* grayling (Thymallus of arcticus of baicalensis of breviptnnis Of svetovidov, 1931) - black and white, latter is carried into " The Red Book Of" ;
* in all rivers, lakes, litters dwell [soroga] (Siberian roach), perch, pike, Yelets, ide, burbot; *
Golomyanka (Comephorus of baicalensis) the most numerous fish of Baykal small transparent, accurately glass-, that consists is more than half of their fat, the only in the middle strip viviparous small fish - [golomyanka], that quietly courses between the surface and the bottom (!). Deep fishes, as is known, escape themselves from the infernal pressure with the aid of the special bubble. Does not have any [golomyanki] of this bubble. Its biomass is 2 times more than all remaining fishes (or 67% of the biomass of all fishes of Baykal), and are about 150 thousand tons. The average weight of [golomyanki] - 12-15 g. in the daytime of [golomyanka] is held at depth 250-500 m., at night - 100 m. the content of fat reaches 44% of its weight. [Golomyanka] gives birth to living larvas. For generating posterity it rises to the surface of lake so that the larvas could feed by planktonic organisms. Large [golomyanka] gives birth to 2,5 thousand pieces of larvas, in autumn - in October. Small - to 1,5 thousands, in spring. By it feeds [omul], bull calves, and 40% of it eats seal.
* Omul (Coregonus of autumnalis of migratorius) - is 4-[mya] races ([severobaykalskoy], [selenginskoy], [chivyrkuyskoy], embassy). To the spawning it goes in rivers (upper [Angar], [Kichera] and others) at the beginning of September, at a temperature of water not more than 4C. Of fattening for the young of whitefish are litters and shoal. In 5-8 years of [omul] it returns to " [rodnuyu]" river in order to put off roe. Winters [omul] in Baykal at depth 200-300 m., in March - April (even under ice) from the places of wintering it begins to move to the places of fattening. It feeds by the small crustaceans ([epishuroy]), young of bull calves and [golomyanok]. To five years it reaches the mass of the mass of 400-500 g.